|科目の目的・到達目標||This course is designed to help students develop their writing skills, reinforced by reading, focusing on basic grammar skills, sentence, paragraph and narrative (story) construction and composition.|
|授業の概要||- The classroom activities are simple and practical.
- They are based on easy, interesting topics and themes
- Students work individually on reading, then writing, then have simple questions with a partner.
- Grammar is introduced stepwise in the writing sections with clear examples and explanations.
|授業計画||The following schedule is subject to change depending on student level and classroom dynamics. However the majority of the lessons will be taught.
1) Introduction and general outline of course:
Special days: The sentence, capitalization; writing about holidays.
2) Birthdays around the world: The paragraph; writing about your birthday.
3) Places: Adjectives; writing about a city.
4) Places: Comparative & superlative adjectives; writing about Japan.
5) Health: Using when; writing about sleep habits.
6) Health: Adverbs; writing about laughing.
7) Customs: Countable & uncountable nouns; writing about a special day.
8) Customs: prepositions and prepositional phrases; writing about a meal.
9) Mid-Term Test.
10) Food: Instructions; writing about a favorite food.
11) Food: The pronouns it and then: writing about a favorite drink.
12) Inventors and Inventions: Using as…as…; writing about technology.
13) Inventors and Inventions: Using too and very; writing about technology.
14) Amazing People: Questions and Prepositions; writing about a classmate.
15) Final Test & Review.
|評価方法||Attendance of 11 out of 15 weeks is required to pass.
Textbooks will be monitored for effort.
In-class participation, i.e. quantity and quality of answers in textbook questions: 50%.
Mid term exam: 25%.
Final Exam: 25%.
|テキスト・参考文献等||Textbook：Weaving It Together 1 (Fourth Edition), Milada Broukal, Cengage Learning. ISBN 978-1-305-25164-9|
|授業外の学習活動||No homework is required. However, students should review in their own time before the mid-term and final examinations. Bring a dictionary and a B5 notebook, sharp pen and eraser.|