|科目の目的・到達目標||The main aim of this course is to enhance your speaking, writing, and listening skills. You will expand your vocabulary, learn important communication strategies and practise them in different situations. You will also learn some useful writing strategies and work on your ability to understand spoken English.|
|授業の概要||The course will combine speaking, listening, and writing practice in each class. Every class will start with discussions based on homework. Students will be provided with some short articles and discussion questions on a variety of topics and activities for developing useful communication and writing skills. Students will then apply these skills in different situations, such as discussions and sharing opinions in writing. We will also watch and discuss some video materials (as homework or in class) and work on some short projects.|
1. Writing stories based on interviews.
2. ‘Rich and poor’: vocabulary, pair and group discussions, opinions.
3. ‘Happiness’: vocabulary and group discussions; writing persuasive paragraphs.
4. ‘Describing appearance’: vocabulary, discussions, writing descriptive paragraphs.
5. ‘Describing personality’: vocabulary and discussions; short reports based on interviews.
6. Social issues – part 1: reporting events and re-telling short articles.
7. Social issues – part 2: exchanging opinions and writing persuasive paragraphs.
8. Reporting events: direct and indirect speech. Reporting and discussing video materials.
9. Describing characters: re-telling audio story.
10. Describing issues and situations: watching and discussing video materials.
11. A short opinion essay based on video materials.
12. Writing for speaking: mini-research project: choosing and discussing topics.
13. Basic research skills: making mind-maps and planning a short talk.
14. Presenting projects in small groups.
15. Course revision.
|評価方法||Participation and class work: 30%, homework and projects: 40%, end-of-semester project: 30%|
|テキスト・参考文献等||All materials will be provided by the teacher.|
|授業外の学習活動||Weekly homework will consist of reading or listening to online materials, writing opinion paragraphs, or preparing short presentations.|