|科目の目的・到達目標||We will concentrate on improving basic listening, speaking and presentation skills. You will learn to express your opinion, listen to and respond to others and think critically about what you have heard.|
|授業の概要||For homework you will prepare the topic of the day and be prepared to discuss it in small groups in class. Groups will be rotated monthly. The topics will cover everyday issues that affect us all. You will also research, prepare and take part in group presentations to the class.|
|授業計画||1) Introduction and Orientation.
2) Objectives, methods and topics.
3) Topic 1 - How to use the book and work in groups.
4) Topic 2 - Listening to and responding to others.
5) Topic 3 - Expressing yourself clearly.
6) Topic 4 - Expressing yourself clearly (graded).
7) Cultural Stereotypes - explain and set-up.
8) C.S. presentations - research.
9) C.S. presentations - preparation/practice.
10) C.S. Presentations 1 & 2
11) C.S. Presentations 3 & 4
12) C.S. Presentations 5 & 6
13) Topic 5 - Communicative confidence.
14) Topic 6 - Communicative confidence (graded)
15) Review and assessment.
|評価方法||Your grade will be based on a combination of attendance, homework, monthly checks, presentations and ACTIVE participation in your group each week.|
|テキスト・参考文献等||Impact Issues 3 (Longman)|
|授業外の学習活動||You must prepare for our weekly group discussions - I will check homework. You must also actively help your group in everything they do.|