|科目の目的・到達目標||Objectives include building active communication skills, with an emphasis on speaking out and speaking up, improving listening skills, working on proper pronunciation, building vocabulary and expressing ideas and information in a way that is interesting, meaningful and understandable.|
|授業の概要||This is a communication class, where students will focus on speaking and listening skills, pronunciation, building vocabulary, expressing information, ideas and opinions, and actively speaking up.|
|授業計画||1. Course overview
3. Using descriptive language to express likes and dislikes
4. Work in small groups, to discuss preferences.
5. Discuss part-time jobs: pros and cons and preferences.
6. Work in small groups to discuss part-time jobs
7. Making requests, as well as accepting and declining them, and giving reasons.
8. Work in small groups, to practice making and responding to requests.
9. Describing events and experiences.
10. Work in small groups, to share personal stories.
11. Movie (Stand by Me)
12. Finish movie, followed by discussion questions.
13. Discuss cultures and travel experiences.
14. Work in groups, to prepare a group travel project.
15. Present group travel projects in class.
|評価方法||70% attendance and participation, in class discussions, activities and completion of assignments
30% quizzes and group projects.
|テキスト・参考文献等||Interchange: Fourth Edition. Cambridge University Press. Jack C. Richards.|
|授業外の学習活動||It is recommended, to spend 3-4 hours per week, listening to music or podcasts, watching tv or movies and reading.|