|科目の目的・到達目標||Objectives include building active communication skills, with an emphasis on speaking out and speaking up, improving listening skills, working on proper pronunciation, building vocabulary and expressing ideas and information in a way that is interesting, meaningful and understandable.|
|授業の概要||This is a communication class, where students will focus on speaking and listening skills, pronunciation, building vocabulary, expressing information, ideas and opinions, and actively speaking up.|
|授業計画||1. Complaining and explaining: How to express dissatisfaction and how to describe problems or situations.
2. Work in small groups, to discuss describe problems, express complaints and offer solutions.
3. Discuss various kinds of education, and express preferences.
4. Work in small groups, to discuss preferences and describe ideas, related to education.
5. Group education project.
6. Giving advice and making suggestions, to the sake of improvement.
7. Work in small groups, to offer advice, for various situations.
8. Describe milestones and important life events.
9. Work in small groups, to discuss important life events in your past, and future.
10. Discuss favorites, including movies.
11. Watch Breakfast Club
12. Finish Breakfast Club/quiz on movie.
13. Describe accomplishments and goals, including short term and long term goals.
14. Work in small groups, to describe short term and long term goals.
15. Present final assignment, describing your future hope and dreams.
|評価方法||70% attendance and participation, in class discussions, activities and completion of assignments
30% quizzes and group projects.
|テキスト・参考文献等||Interchange: Fourth Edition. Cambridge University Press. Jack C. Richards.|
|授業外の学習活動||It is recommended, to spend 3-4 hours per week, listening to music or podcasts, watching tv or movies and reading.|