|科目の目的・到達目標||Objectives include organizing information, using adjectives and adverbs, conjunctions and prepositions, for more interesting and concise passages, using proper verb tenses, including irregular verbs, and using structure and logic, for effective writing.|
|授業の概要||This is an academic course for English majors, meant to improve students' ability to write cogent, well-structured paragraphs and essays. We'll focus on writing thesis statements, organizing ideas in a logical manner, writing main ideas and supporting ideas, using transitions effectively, and writing in a clear, concise and informative manner.|
|授業計画||1. Overview and Introductions
2. First Writing: A diagnostic writing assignment
3. Identifying purpose and audience
4. Review the main steps involved in writing, and practice brainstorming.
5. Write a letter for a specific purpose
6. Write topic sentences.
7. Write a descriptive paragraph (part-time jobs)
8. Work with adjectives: Describing people
9. Work with adjectives: Describing places and things
10. Rewrites for descriptive paragraphs
11. Work on writing compound sentences, using conjunctions.
12. Work on using prepositions, to describe spatial relationships.
13. Write a paragraph, describing how to find a particular location.
14. Rewrites for spatial paragraph.
|評価方法||40% attendance and participation in classroom assignments and activities
60% writing assignments, including rewrites.
|テキスト・参考文献等||Ready to Write: Level 3. Pearson and Longman.|
|授業外の学習活動||Reading is recommended, including newspapers, magazines, online articles or books.|