|科目の目的・到達目標||Objectives include organizing information, using adjectives and adverbs, conjunctions and prepositions, for more interesting and concise passages, using proper verb tenses, including irregular verbs, and using structure and logic, for effective writing.|
|授業の概要||This is an academic course for English majors, meant to improve students' ability to write cogent, well-structured paragraphs and essays. We'll focus on writing thesis statements, organizing ideas in a logical manner, writing main ideas and supporting ideas, using transitions effectively, and writing in a clear, concise and informative manner.|
|授業計画||1. Work on organizing patterns.
2. Work on organizing information.
3. Write a paragraph, describing a process (how to).
4. Work on using conjunctions and prepositions effectively.
5. Rewrite process paper.
6. Work on expressing opinions constructively.
7. Watch movie (TBA)
8. Watch movie (and take quiz)
9. Write opinion paper, reviewing a movie or book.
10. Work on descriptive language
11. Work on comparison/contrast language
12. Write a comparison/contrast paper
14. Rewrite comparison/contrast paper
|評価方法||40% attendance and participation in classroom assignments and activities
60% writing assignments, including rewrites.
|テキスト・参考文献等||Ready to Write: Level 3. Pearson and Longman.
|授業外の学習活動||Reading is recommended, including newspapers, magazines, online articles or books|