|科目の目的・到達目標||By the end of this course, students should be able to: a. write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. b. write simple essays based on personal experiences and impressions.
c. give reasons and explanations for opinions, plans and actions.
d. give reasons and explanations for opinions, plans and actions.
|授業の概要||First, students will be given a five-minute-quiz reviewing the part of the last class . Then, students will do exercises on the textbook. After understanding structure of the paragraph, students will write their own paragraph by using their own material or material given by the instructor. Finally, one or two students will be asked to confirm what they learned in the class.|
|授業計画||The Schedule for the Semester
2. Getting Organized: The Key to Good Writing
3. Understanding Paragraphs
4. Organizing Information by Time Order
5. Organizing Information by Order of Importance
6. Organizing Information by Spatial Order
7. Understanding the Writing Process
8. Supporting the Main Idea
9. Explaining a Process:Exercises
10. Explaining a Process: Write your own paragraph
11. Writing Descriptions: Exercises
12. Writing Descriptions: Write your own paragraph
13. Comparing and Contrasting: Exercises
14. Comparing and Contrasting: Write your own paragraph
15. Writing Personal Letters and Business Letters
|評価方法||The final assessment will be based on attendance, quizzes, and homework.
More than five classes of absence will result in E.
|テキスト・参考文献等||Textbook: Blanchard, Karen et al. Ready to Write 2: Perfecting Paragraphs.5th ed. Pearson Education.
Recommended Dictionaries: OALD, COB, and The Dictionary of English Collocations.
|授業外の学習活動||Extracurricular Activities: Prepare for the class by reading pages and doing exercises of the textbook.
Students should involve themselves in studying English every day by following advice in the class.