|科目の目的・到達目標||By the end of this course, students should be able to: a. write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. b. write simple essays based on personal experiences and impressions.
c. give reasons and explanations for opinions, plans and actions.
d. give reasons and explanations for opinions, plans and actions.
|授業の概要||First, students will be given a five-minute-quiz reviewing the part of the last class . Then, students will do exercises on the textbook. After understanding structure of the paragraph, students will write their own paragraph by using their own material or material given by the instructor. Finally, one or two students will be asked to confirm what they learned in the class.|
|授業計画||The Schedule of the Semester
1. Causes and Effects: Exercises
2. Causes and Effects : Write your own paragraph
3. Summaries: Exercises
4. Summaries: Write your own paragraph
5. Narrative: Exercises
6. Narrative: Write your own paragraph
7. Persuasive Paragraph: Exercises
8. Persuasive Paragraph: Write your own paragraph
9. Problem-Solution Paragraph: Exercises
10. Problem-Solution Paragraph: Write your own paragraph
11. Changing a Paragraph into an Essay
12. Writing an Essay from the Beginning
13. Combining Approaches: Review Essay
14. Combining Approaches: Write your own essay
|評価方法||The final assessment will be based on attendance, quizzes, and homework.
More than five classes of absence will result in E.
|テキスト・参考文献等||Textbook: Blanchard, Karen et al. Ready to Write 2: Perfecting Paragraphs.5th ed. Pearson Education.
Recommended Dictionaries: OALD, COB, and The Dictionary of English Collocations.
|授業外の学習活動||Extracurricular Activities: Prepare for the class by reading pages and doing exercises of the textbook.
Students should involve themselves in studying English every day by following advice in the class.