|授業科目名||Presentation and Discussion（１）（他専攻）／Ｓpeech and Ｄebate（他専攻）（前期）|
|科目の目的・到達目標||This course is intended for students who want to develop skills in expressing their opinions, in developing logical arguments and reasoning for use in discussion, speeches, presentations and debates.|
|授業の概要||The first part of this course will concentrate on developing speech and presentation skills, including logical organization of a speech/presentation, the use of gestures, eye contact and voice modulation, as well as visual aids to improve overall performance. Handouts will be provided.
The second part of the course will concentrate on developing debate style logic to promote discussions and debates on various topics. In a step by step process, the students will learn the basics of debate and through this learn how to express themselves more confidently.
By the end of the year, students will have enhanced their vocabulary and learned numerous speech, presentation and debate skills. Equally important, their confidence and ability to communicate and engage in discussions on important issues will have improved.
2. Speech Overview
3. Preparing A Speech / Debate Opinions
4. Making A Speech / Debate Opinions -Everyday topics
5. Making A Speech / Debate Opinions – Academic Topics
6. Gestures / Explaining Your Opinion – Supports - Examples
7. Gestures / Explaining Your Opinion– Supports - Explanations
8. Voice Inflection / Explaining Your Opinion– Supports – Expert Opinions
9. Voice Inflection / Explaining Your Opinion– Supports - Statistics
10. Making a better Speech
11. Organizing Your Opinion - Introductions
12. Organizing Your Opinion - Body
13. Organizing Your Opinion - Conclusion
14. Review and Debate Topic Choices
15. Review and Debate Research Overview
|評価方法||Students will be graded on Participation (30%), Assignments (30%), Speeches (20%) and Debate Presentations (20%)|
|テキスト・参考文献等||Lubetsky, Harrington and LeBeau, Discover Debate. (Language Solutions Inc.)
|授業外の学習活動||Students should review all lessons and prepare as instructed for the next class.
Preparation and Homework will be assigned on a regular basis.