|科目の目的・到達目標||The goal of the class will be to enable all students to communicate well in English at intermediate level. To reach this goal, the teacher will try to provide a motivating environment where the four language skills (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) will be taught in a methodical way. The emphasis, however, will be on the speaking skill. The teacher will try to get a good balance of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and the four language skills in the class. The teacher wants to create a motivating and interesting classroom. The teacher wants all students to learn useful English, which will help them in the future.|
|授業の概要||In a typical class, the teacher presents new language. Then, students are asked to practise the new language individually, in pairs, or in groups. Finally, students then produce their own versions of the new language, usually in pairs or in groups. Most of the time the teacher will use the class textbook, but occasionally he will bring in other instructional materials. English will be the language of instruction, and the teacher wants the students to use English in class. The main focus of the class will be on the speaking skill, but we will use the other three skills (listening, reading, and writing) in class. The teacher thinks the best way to learn a language is to use and communicate in it.|
|授業計画||1. Theme: Food. Speaking and reading: food and restaurants. Grammar: present simple and continuous, action and non-action verbs. Pronunciation: ‘u’ and ‘oo’.
2. Theme: Sports. Speaking and reading: sports. Grammar: past tenses: simple, continuous, perfect. Pronunciation: ‘or’ and ‘er’. Listening: football referees.
3. Theme: Family. Vocabulary and speaking: family. Grammar, future forms: going to, present continuous, will/shall. Pronunciation: prefixes and suffixes. Listening and Reading: family and personality.
4. Theme: Practical English. Introductions: listening and speaking. Reading and writing: describing a person.
5. Theme: Revise and Check. Grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, listening, speaking and reading.
6. Theme: Money. Speaking and listening: money, phrasal verbs. Grammar: present perfect and past simple. Pronunciation: saying numbers. Listening and speaking: news bulletin.
7. Theme: Changing Your Life. Speaking and listening: present perfect continuous. Pronunciation: sentence stress. Vocabuary: strong adjectives: exthausted, amazed, etc.
8. Theme: Travelling. Speaking and reading: transport. Grammar: comparatives and superlatives. Speaking and vocabulary: transport and travel, how long + take. Pronunciation: stress in compound nouns. Listening and speaking: road safety.
9. Theme: Practical English. Speaking and listening: in the office. Reading and writing: nightmare journey.
10. Theme: Revise and Check. Speaking, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, and listening.
11. Theme: Modern Manners. Speaking and vocabulary: mobile phones. Grammar: must, have to, should (obligation). Pronunciation: sentence stress.
Reading: culture shock.
12. Theme: Judging by Appearances. Speaking and reading: describing a person. Vocabulary: describing people, look or look like? Grammar: must, may, can’t (deduction). Pronunciation: -eigh, -aigh, and –igh.
13. Theme: Ability and Possibility. Grammar: can, could, be able to (ability and possibility. Vocabulary: -ed/-ing adjectives, so. Pronunciation: sentence stress. Speaking: interview your partner.
14. Theme: Practical English. Speaking and listening: how do I get there? Reading and writing: a thank you letter.
15. Theme: Class Feedback. Summary and class feedback.
|評価方法||Grading will be done on the continuous assessment model; this means the teacher will evaluate each student on a weekly basis. In other words, grading will be based on these lines: 40% attendance, 40% class participation, and 20% test results. The teacher will give a short English test about once a month. There will also be one longer test at the end of the first term. The teacher expects each student to study hard in the class. Good attendance and good participation will earn the student a higher grade.|
|テキスト・参考文献等||English File 3rd Edition Intermediate (Oxford University Press)|
|授業外の学習活動||Students should read the parts of the textbook that will be studied in the next class, in order to prepare for the lesson. The teacher will give some activities, usually from the textbook, to be done before class.|