|授業科目名||Practice for TOEFL|
|科目の目的・到達目標||This course is designed to help students to improve their skills, strategies and confidence they need to increase their scores through intensive practice for each section of the TOEFL iBT|
|授業の概要||The class will concentrate mainly on skill building exercises appropriate for boosting scores in weak areas such as vocabulary, grammar, reading and listening comprehension necessary to succeed the test.|
|授業計画||1. Orientation - Introduction of the teacher and the students. Guidelines for the classes. Discussion of the syllabus with handouts
2. Section 1: Reading - Reading Diagnostic Pre-test, reading
overview, reading skills, vocabulary and reference
3. Skills 1 and 2 - understanding vocabulary from context, recognize
4. Skill 3 - Sentences - simplify meaninings of sentences, reading
5. Skill 4 - Insert sentences into the passage - reading exercises
6. Skill 5 - Details - Find factual information - reading exercises
7. Skill 6 - Understanding negative facts - reading exercises
8. Skills 7 and 8 - Inferences - make inferences from stated facts,
infer rhetorical purpose, reading exercises
9. Skils 9 and 10 - Reading to learn, select summary information,
complete schematic tables, reading exercises
10. Reading review exercise
11. Section 2: Listening - Listening diagnostic pre-test, listening
12. Listening skills - Skills 1 and 2 - understanding the gist,details,
and listening exercise
13. Skills 3 and 4 - understand the function and the speaker`s
stance and listening exercises
14. Skill 5 - Connecting information - understand the organization and
15. Summary and Review
|評価方法||Grades will be based on regular attedance, active participation, completion of homework and final written examination at the end of the course.|
Longman Introductory Course for the TOEFLTest: iBT.
|授業外の学習活動||Students are required to spend at least an hour per week studying the directions for exercises given in the textbook, listen to the CD in the textbook and do the practice tests to increase speed and improve vocabulary.
Please come to class with a positive attitude and you will get the most out of this class.
The above class schedule will be adjusted depending on the speed and performance of the students.