|科目の目的・到達目標||As with the first part of the year, the goal of the class will be to enable all students to communicate well in English at intermediate level. To reach this goal, the teacher will try to provide a motivating environment where the four language skills (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) will be taught in a methodical way. The emphasis, however, will be on the speaking skill. The teacher will try to get a good balance of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and the four language skills in the class. The teacher wants to create a motivating and interesting classroom. The teacher wants all students to learn useful English, which will help them in the future.|
|授業の概要||We will continue studying in the same way as in the first half of the year. In a typical class, the teacher presents new language. Then, students are asked to practise the new language individually, in pairs, or in groups. Finally, students then produce their own versions of the new language, usually in pairs or in groups. Most of the time the teacher will use the class textbook, but occasionally he will bring in other instructional materials. English will be the language of instruction, and the teacher wants the students to use English in class. The main focus of the class will be on the speaking skill, but we will use the other three skills (listening, reading, and writing) in class. The teacher thinks the best way to learn a language is to use and communicate in it.|
|授業計画||1. Theme: Back to School. Speaking and vocabulary: education. Pronunciation and speaking: ‘u’. Grammar: first conditional and future time clauses and when, intil, etc. Listening: a TV programme.
2. Theme: In an Ideal World. Grammar: second conditional. Speaking and pronunciation: sentence stress. Speaking and vocabulary: houses. Listening and speaking: dream houses.
3. Theme: Still Friends? Speaking and vocabulary: friendship. Grammar: usually and used to. Speaking and listening: friends reunited? Pronunciation and speaking: ‘se’.
4. Theme: Practical English. Speaking and listening: making suggestions. Speaking, writing and reading: describing a house or flat.
5. Theme: Revise and Check. Speaking, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, and listening.
6. Theme: The Fast Life. Speaking and grammar: quantifiers. Pronunciation: -ough and –augh. Listening: slow down in our daily lives. Speaking: planning to become a ‘Slow City’.
7. Theme: Same Planet, Different World. Speaking and grammar: articles: a/an, the, no article. Pronunciation: sentence stress, ‘the’. Speaking and reading: a gossip with the girls? Listening: spas. Speaking: a man thing or a woman thing?
8. Theme: Job Swap. Speaking and vocabulary: work. Pronunciation and speaking: word stress. Grammar: gerunds and infinitives. Speaking, reading, and listening: test your memory.
9. Theme: Practical English. Speaking and listening: giving opinions. Reading and writing: formal letters and a CV.
10. Theme: Revise and Check. Speaking, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, listening.
11. Theme: Love in the Supermarket. Speaking and grammar: reported speech: statetments, questions, and commands. Speaking and vocabulary: shopping. Pronunciation: consonant sounds, ‘g’, ‘c’, ‘k’, ‘qu’, ‘sh’, ‘ti’, ‘tch’, and ‘ch’. Speaking: interview another student. Listening and speaking: radio consumer programme.
12. Theme: Films and Planes. Speaking and reading: famous films that moved us. Speaking and grammar: passive: be + past participle. Pronunciation: sentence stress. Speaking and vocabulary: cinema. Speaking: cinema questionnaire.
13. Theme: Heroes. Speaking and grammar: relative clauses: defining and non-defining. Speaking and listening: a competition on a radio programme. Reading and speaking: heroes and icons of our time. Vocabulary and pronunciation: what people do, word stress.
14. Theme: Practical English. Speaking, listening and reading: giving and reacting to news. Speaking and writing: a film review.
15. Theme: Whole year review. Summary and class feedback.
|評価方法||The grading criteria will be the same as for the first part of the year. Grading will be done on the continuous assessment model; this means the teacher will evaluate each student on a weekly basis. In other words, grading will be based on these lines: 40% attendance, 40% class participation, and 20% test results. The teacher will give a short English test about once a month. There will also be one longer test at the end of the term. The teacher expects each student to study hard in the class. Good attendance and good participation will earn the student a higher grade.|
|テキスト・参考文献等||English File 3rd Edition Intermediate (Oxford University Press)|
|授業外の学習活動||Students should read the parts of the textbook that will be studied in the next class, in order to prepare for the lesson. The teacher will give some activities, usually from the textbook, to be done before class. There will also be some special assignments for students to do outside class.|