|科目の目的・到達目標||To provide a balance of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and situation skills that will motivate students to maximise class time by engaging in topics, tasks and activities to improve their understanding and fluency in response to real-life situations that will encourage them to interact and communicate better using English.|
|授業の概要||The course will closely follow the content of the class book, English File, Upper-intermediate. On a weekly basis we will examine and discuss the chapters following the various themes by concentrating on the grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation guidelines for the texts while supplementing with the aid of the iTutor with iChecker DVD Rom.|
|授業計画||The course will closely follow the content of the class book, English File, Upper-intermediate. On a weekly basis we will examine and discuss the chapters following the various themes by concentrating on the grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation guidelines for the texts while supplementing with the aid of the iTutor with iChecker DVD Rom.
3. Schedule for the class:
2. 1A: G question formation. V working out meaning from context. P friendly intonation, showing interest. Extreme interviews.
3. 1B: G auxiliary verbs; the...the...comparatives. V compound adjectives, modifiers. P intonation and sentence rhythm. Do you believe in it?
4. 2A: G present perfect simple and continuous. V illness and injuries. P word stress. Call the doctor.
5. 2A: Writing; an informal email. Listening and speaking; medical vocabulary.
6. 2B: G adjective order. V clothes and fashion. P vowel sounds. Older and wiser.
7. 1&2 Revise and check. Can you understand this text?
8. 3A: G narrative tenses. V air travel. P regular and irregular past forms. The truth about air travel.
9. 3B: G the position of adverbs and adverbial phrases. V adverbs and adverbial phrases. P word stress and intonation. Incredibly short stories.
10. 3B: fifty-word story.
11. 4A: G future perfect and future continuous. V the environment, the weather. P vowel sounds. Eco-guilt.
12. 4A: Listening and speaking: extreme weather.
13. 4B: G zero and first conditionals, future time clauses. V expressions with take. P sentence rhythm. Are you a risk taker?
14. 4B: Writing; for and against. Blog post.
15. Revise and check. Can you understand the text?
16. Short speech: My summer.
17. Revisit and summarise first semester.
18. 5A: G unreal conditionals. V feelings. P word stress in 3- or 4-syllable adjectives. The survivors club.
19. 5B: G structure after wish. V expressing feelings. P rhythm and intonation. It drives me mad!
20. 6A: G gerunds and infinitives. V music. P imported words. Music and emotion.
21. 6B: G used to, be used to, get used to. V sleep. P sentence stress. Sleeping beauty.
22. 5&6 Revise and check.
23. 7A: G past modals. V verbs often confused. P weak form of have. Don't argue!
24. 7B: G verbs of the senses. V the body. P silent letters. Actors acting.
25. 8A: G the passive (all forms). V crime and punishment. P the letter u. Beat the robbers.
26 8B: G reporting verbs. V the media. P word stress. Breaking news.
27 9A: G clauses of contrast and purpose. V advertising, business. P word stress. Truth and lies.
28. 9B: G uncountable and plural nouns. V prefixes and suffixes. P word stress. Megacities.
29. 10A: G qualifiers. V science. P stress in word families. The dark side of the moon.
30: 10B: G articles. V collocation: word pairs. P pause and stress. The power of words.
|評価方法||In-class participation and attendance as well as preparation and review activities throughout the semester combined with motivation and commitment will determine grades. No test will be given.|
|テキスト・参考文献等||English File Upper-Intermediate Third Edition. Christina Latham-Koenig and Clive Oxenden.|
|授業外の学習活動||Review and Preparation: Using iTutor review all the grammar. vocabulary and pronunciation after class and do interactive exercises. Prepare for class by watching videos from colloquial English and listening to reading text on audio. Download pronunciation app.|