|科目の目的・到達目標||The main aim of this course is to enhance your speaking, writing, listening, and basic research skills, and to explore important study skills necessary for other language courses and further studies. You will expand your vocabulary, learn important communication strategies and practise them in different situations. You will also learn some effective writing strategies and improve your ability to understand spoken English by working with some useful self-study websites.|
|授業の概要||The course will combine speaking, listening, and writing practice in each class. Every class will start with discussions based on homework. Students will be provided with some short articles and discussion questions on a variety of topics and activities for developing useful communication and writing skills. Students will then apply these skills in different situations, such as discussions and sharing opinions in writing. You will also watch and discuss some video materials (as part of your homework) and work on some short research and discussion projects.|
|授業計画||1. Vocabulary for describing events; class interviews.
2. Reports based on interviews: group presentations.
3. Survey project, week 1: survey questions and interviews.
4. Survey project, week 2: analysing surveys and creating visual support.
5. Survey project, week 3: explaining and discussing surveys.
6. Social issues – part 1: reporting events and re-telling short articles.
7. Social issues – part 2: exchanging opinions and writing persuasive paragraphs.
8. Reporting events: direct and indirect speech. Reporting and discussing video materials.
9. Describing characters: summarising an audio story.
10. Describing issues and situations: discussing, summarising, and expressing opinion on an audio story.
11. Research project: choosing and discussing topics.
12. Writing for speaking: explaining researched information.
13. Basic research skills: mind-mapping and outlining.
14. Presenting final projects in small groups.
|評価方法||Participation, attendance and class work: 40%, weekly homework and projects: 60%.|
|テキスト・参考文献等||All materials will be provided by the teacher.|
|授業外の学習活動||Weekly homework will consist of reading or listening to online materials, writing opinion paragraphs, or preparing short presentations.|