|科目の目的・到達目標||To build vocabulary by introducing everyday verbal phrases and other idiomatic expressions. That are commonly used in conversation and various forms of the media.|
|授業の概要||Each class will consist of a 10-set idiom handout with a dialog and practice exercise. Before the start of each class a quick review of the previous lesson will be undertaken. The second part of the class will cover interpretation, comprehension and grammar of a handout titled World Cities which covers a short fact-check and history of major world cities.|
|授業計画||Each class will consist of a 10-set idiom handout with a dialog and practice exercise. Before the start of each class a quick review of the previous lesson will be undertaken. In the second half of the class we will focus weekly on a major world city.
1. Take: take up, take after... Hong Kong.
2. Get: get on, get along with...Macau.
3. Let: Let off, let go...Hanoi
4. Turn: turn in, turn up...Ho Chi Minh City.
5. Make: make up, make out...Vientiane.
6. Come: come on, come up...Yangon.
7. Break: break up, break off...Bangkok
9. In: in luck, in fact...Kuala Lumpur.
10. Look: look after, look up...Singapore.
11. Pay: pay up, pay off...Jakarta.
12. Back: back up, back out...Manila,
13. About: about time, about turn...Kathmandu.
15. Bring: bring it on, bring up...Sydney.
16. Give: give up, give in...Hawaii.
17. Go: go in/out, go crazy...Lima.
18. Run: run up, run off...Bueno Aires.
19. Sure: sure thing, sure bet...Sao Paulo.
20. Junk: junk food, junk mail...Rio.
21. Get: get going, get real...Santiago.
22. Have: have fun, have time...Havana.
23. On: on time, on best behavior...Miami.
24. Call: call by, call up...NewYork,
25. At: at last, at best...Boston.
26. Fall: fall out, fall guy...New Orleans.
27. Big: big heart, big mouth...Los Angeles
|評価方法||Grades will be determined by participation in class, attendance and completion of assignments.|
|テキスト・参考文献等||All class materials will be in the form of handouts.|
|授業外の学習活動||Read preview material ahead of class. (handouts)|