|授業担当教員||ティン ティン トゥン|
|教員カナ氏名||ティン ティン トゥン|
|科目の目的・到達目標|| The course focuses on the comprehension and critical analysis of English texts with the focus on social and global issues.
Students will be expected to develop
- how to prepare readings,
- make notes and mindmaps
- engage actively with the text (reading),
- summarize and reflect reading assignments,
- discuss and present the issues learned from the reading.
|授業の概要||In this course, students will learn the importance of critical reading and how to develop and use critical reading skills for academic research.
- Read and prepare assigned reading for each class before coming to the class.
- In class, students will do pair/group work for checking their understanding of the reading, explaining their notes, discussing the reading with a partner, and summarizing and reflecting the reading.
- Research a topic of their interest and choose their own readings for the research.
- Give a presentation of their own research.
|授業計画||Week 1 Introduction to critical reading skills
Week 2 Practice reading and note-making skills
Week 3 Practice reading and note-making skills
Week 4 Practice reading and note-making skills
Week 5 Practice reading and note-making skills
Week 6 Practice reading and note-making skills
Week 7 Reading for research
Week 8 Reading for research
Week 9 Reading for research
Week 10 Reading for research
Week 11 Reading for research
Week 12 &13 Preparation for research presentation
Week 14 Presentation
|評価方法||Reading and making notes 35%
Participation in class activities 15%
|テキスト・参考文献等||No textbook required.|
|授業外の学習活動||Students are required to spend at least one or two hours for the next class.