|授業科目名||Lecture（Introduction Psychology）／Special Lecture（Introduction Psychology）|
|科目の目的・到達目標||This course aims to provide an introductory overview of psychology. As such, it can be regarded as being foundational for the cultural psychology course [offered in the autumn semester course], where many aspects of psychology are reexamined from a cultural psychology perspective. Accordingly, students interested in taking the cultural psychology course in the autumn are recommended to also take this course in preparation.|
|授業の概要||Psychology studies all aspects of human behaviour and mental processes, and so the discipline is of particular relevance to everyone. This introductory psychology course attempts to survey some of the more interesting findings from psychological research which provide valuable insights into human nature.
The course covers the following five broad areas of psychology.
(1) The area of action addresses the basic question of why do we act as we do by looking at the biological basis of behavior and learning.
(2) The area of cognitions addresses the basic question of how do we know what we know. The section includes classes on perception, memory and language.
(3) The area of social behavior addresses the basic question of how do we interact with each other and considers both the behavioral and cognitive aspects.
(4) The area of development addresses the basic question of how do we develop throughout the lifespan. The section looks to both cognitive development in children and issues of social development.
(5) The area of individual difference addresses the basic question of how do we differ from others and covered both personality, intelligence and mental disorders.
|授業計画||Class 1: Introduction to course and to psychology
Class 2: Contemporary perspectives and methodology
Class 3: Biological foundations of behaviour
Class 4: Learning
Class 5: Perception
Class 6: Memory
Class 7: Language
Class 8: Social behaviour
Class 9: Social cognition
Class 10: Cognitive development
Class 11: Social development
Class 12: Personality and intelligence
Class 13: Mental disorders
Class 14: Conclusion
|評価方法||・ Two reports (1000 words) 50%
・ Examination 50%
Note: Students who are absent four times or more during the semester will receive an F grade.
|テキスト・参考文献等||*TEXTBOOKS (Author, Title, Publisher, Data)*
No textbook is assigned for this course: The instructor will provide materials.
|授業外の学習活動||Students are required to spend sufficient time each week on reading the provided lecture text. Students are strongly advised to prepare in advance of lecture, to gain most benefit from the lecture-style classes. Students are also expected to schedule in appropriate time for preparing the report assignments over the semester.|